Thursday 3 September 2009

My Contribution


The button swap went really well. Reading through all the participants blog's there was a lot of gorgeous handmade goodies shared by all.

Thanks again for everyone that participated. There's nothing better than receiving a beautifully wrapped parcel on your doorstep, knowing that so much love & thought went into each piece.

Above is what I made for Caryn of Smooch designs, you can visit her store here & blog here.

I made a sterling silver button necklace from flat sheet & blackened it a little to give it that old rustic, found button look.

I had 2 gorgeous coloured pink buttons that I wanted to use, so I made some bezel cups for them to sit in. I stamped & domed 2 circles, soldered some prongs onto them so they would stand up above the buttons - like they were floating.
Then I filled the entire cups with clear resin. I think they turned out pretty well & making them has given me a few more ideas to play with.

I blanket stitched a little pouch to put everything in, which I'm now kinda embarrassed about because Caryn is an amazing seamstress & my sewing skills are not the best!

Overall it was really great fun & I look forward to the next one.

x Narelle

3 comments:

Caryn said...

I had such a giggle reading your comments about your sewing skills. There's no need to be embarrased. Thanks for organising the swap and I look forward to joining in another one.

Gillian said...

Oh you are soooo Clever!

I love what you created for your swap, both the earrings & necklace are Gorgeous, and the pouch is so sweet! :)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

the pouch is great- a nice touch!