I received the lovely 'circle of friends' award from the gorgeous Emma of Little Cherry Hill. With this award I have been asked to share 5 things that I love & then pass on this award to 5 other fellow bloggers.
1) My Husband: For all his love & support. I honestly don't know where I'd be without him.
2) My Parents: They are THE best!
3) Animals: I love animals, every single one of them. (Hence being a vegetarian!)
4) Chocolate: Probably everyone writes this one down! But seriously I am such an avid chocoholic you would truly be disgusted by the amount I eat every day!
5) Travelling: Since meeting my husband I have been fortunate enough to travel overseas at least once a year. So very, very spoilt!
Okay, now the hard part of only picking 5 of the lovely & talented Blog friends I follow.
My most favourite thing to make would probably have to be chains. Although they are rather time consuming & tedious - making all the links, joining them all together, soldering them all closed, filing each link etc, the whole process tends to have a relaxing methodical effect on me.
I admit, I do get a little anxious when I'm making a custom order for something I haven't made before, it is a little nerve wracking. But once the piece is finished I am so pleased with the results, no matter how complex the design.
But there's something I find so comforting with making chains. Nothing beats pulling a freshly polished chain out from my tumbler.
Even if it's the most simplest type, once all the solder joins are filed, all the links pre-polished & tumbled, they always come out so shiny & fabulous looking.