Friday 23 January 2009

Retail madness


Happy..... eerrrr... Valentine's Easter?!!!

I have now worked in the retail industry for 20 years and I know and understand that you have to organize and plan for sales before the events come around.

Last Christmas because I didn't get back from holidays until late November I basically ran out of time to make any Christmas stock and only got to work on custom pieces. So, early January I started designing and making pieces for Valentine's Day. 

I was feeling quite proud of myself for being rather organized, even though there is now only 3 weeks until the 14th of February (I wrote the date out in full for all the males out there reading this, as they tend to forget this date!) until a week ago, I walked into the shops and saw Hot cross buns and Easter eggs!

When you work in retail it feels like you're continually wishing the year away and not taking any time to just live in the moment, if that makes sense.

I know a lot of people don't celebrate Valentine's Day but really, back off bunny and give the cupid a little time in the spotlight, coz everyone needs a little romance once in a while.

x Narelle 

No comments: